Thursday 23 June 2011

Fifteen Minutes with Cesc

I will never forget these fifteen minutes given to interview the Spanish national Cesc Fabregas last Wednesday, 22nd June 2011. Along with four others journalists, we had a very fun fifteen minutes talk, and it only took fifteen minutes for me to know that this world-class football player possesses a very nice character. His face showed exhaustion, yet his smile didn't wear off. I can also conclude that Cesc is a good boy, very humble indeed.

Here is a piece of my story published by the media I represented:
http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/06/23/barcelona-me-best-place-be-fabregas.html

Wearing Indonesian Batik Scarf
courtesy by Matheos V. Messakh
From these fifteen minutes conversation, there are several quotations of Francesc Fabregas that I find interesting:

"Being on the streets for many hours, that's how I improved."

"Discipline is something that I always had in me."

"When I was six year old and I had the game for the next day, my mom wanted to take me to McDonald then I said: no mom, give me a salad, give me a fish, I need protein for tomorrow."

"My friends are very important for me, because I  know them since they were very little, since school, and I have the same friends."

"Life is always about making decision, making the right one is not always easy. You'll never know what is going to be the best thing for you so you have to imagine what could happen in both ways, and hear what your heart says. It can go wrong as well, but at least you've done what you thought it was the best for you."

"I like many footballs and I try to learn from the best teams."

"I love kids so much. It's important for me because they are the future. The future of football, the future of football."

"When I was eight I used to play with ten. When I was ten I used to play with twelve. I was always been a little bit more advance."

Journalist: You don't want to go home to Barcelona?
Cesc: Yes I will go on holiday.

Journalist: You look gorgeous everyday. Please describe you fashion style in three words.
Cesc: Can I think about it first and let you know later. I really don't know what to say, it's difficult.

"Barcelona for me is the best place to be. All my family and friends are there, and it is a nice way to disconnect from football... I live a little bit away in a small town and it's fantastic to live there."

*)Cesc was in Indonesia for a product promotion event where he is chosen to be the ambassador.

No comments:

Post a Comment